First, my grandmother's pie crust recipe:
- Put 2 1/4 cups of flour in a bowl
- From this flour take out 1/3 cup of flour and put it in a smaller bowl
- Add 1/2 tsp salt to the bigger bowl of flour and mix
- Next add 3/4 cup Crisco to the flour and salt and mix with a fork (it will look crumbly)
- To the small bowl of flour add 4 tablespoons of water and mix into a paste
- Mix the paste with the Crisco and flour in the bigger bowl and mix until it holds together (not a lot of mixing, just until it forms a ball. I use my hands for this).
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the pie crust.
- This will make two 9" pie crusts (either the bottom crust for two pies or the top and bottom crust for a single pie)
Then I used this recipe from Libby's to make the pie. This makes enough for two shallow 9" pies.
Bake, cool, and serve with whipped cream! Yum!!