- Goal: Lake Mead Hike. Cost: $0. I'm going with the Around the Bend Friends hiking group this Saturday and there is no charge to tag along.
- Goal: Go on an Around the Bend Friends hike. Cost: $0. Fortunately I can kill two birds with one (free) stone by going with this group to hike around Lake Mead which is on the goal list.
- Goal: Go to a Cirque du Soleil show. Cost: $130. Fortunately this is already paid for, unfortunately, even though the tickets were $99 for two tickets, the taxes and fees were an additional $30(!).
- Not on the goal list but stuff I still need to do: do one more volksmarch.
- Goal: Get a concealed carry permit. Cost: $200. Although the class is offered for free, there is a cost for the firearm rental and ammo as well as the permit application.
- Goal: Go to a concert. Cost: $70. I really really want to go to a Pat Benatar concert this March in Las Vegas. I went to her concert way back in the '80s when tickets were around $20 but apparently prices have increased quite a bit!
- Goal: Go ice skating. Cost: $10. This should be simple as there is an ice rink in Las Vegas so I just need to make time to go.
- Goal: Go to a Reddit meet up. Cost: $10. Our local Reddit group plans occasional meet-ups so this month I will make a concerted effort to join them.
- Not on the goal list but stuff I still need to do: meet up with a friend who is coming to Vegas, do three volksmarches.
- Goal: Go to family reunion in Vancouver, WA. Cost: $300. The cost for this is just airfare and a bit of spending money. We will be staying at my friend's house and using her car for the few days we are there.
- Goal: Walk a marathon. Cost: $600. The weekend after the reunion there will be a volksmarch marathon in Victoria, BC. The cost is for hotel, transportation and spending in BC, and transportation home.
- Goal: Send a box of books and school supplies to the Philippines. Cost: $200. I still have a bunch of space to fill up in the box and the cost of shipping is $70.
- Goal: Go roller skating. Cost: $50. I want to take my nieces skating when I am at the reunion.
- Not on the goal list but stuff I still need to do: go on the Ellen show, meet up with another friend who is coming to Vegas, do a total of 100k in volksmarches this month.
- Goal: Go on a cruise. Cost: $1000. There are cruises going from Los Angeles to Vancouver, BC this month. This would position me for the next goal.
- Goal: Bike from Canada to Mexico. Cost: $3000. This is a big big goal on the list and there are still a lot of details to work out (I don't even have a bike yet and how to get hubby from Canada to Mexico NOT riding a bike but with me on the trip are among the biggies).
- Goal: Visit San Francisco. Cost: $0. San Francisco is both a stop on the cruise and right in the middle of the bike ride.
- Not on the goal list but stuff I still need to do: do 100k of volksmarches (there are many along the bike route).
All of those things add up to about $5500 so $1000 will barely make a dent in the cost of achieving all of these goals but like the saying says, "go confidently in the direction of your dreams" and the rest that I can't remember has something to do with 'circumstances will align to help you reach your goals even when the going looks impossible'. Which it does now but still I have faith that I will be able to achieve many of these things as planned.