- I'm glad we picked up a half dozen boxes of tissue last time they were on sale. Although we rarely use tissue (except for allergy season), they have both been blowing (literally, figuratively) through boxes and boxes of them this week.
- When I was working at the Dollar Store last Christmas, I saw that the store had Thera Flu on sale for a dollar a box (usually about $3.50 a box at Walmart) and I bought bunches and bunches of the stuff then. They have also been using a lot of Thera Flu this past week too.
- My cooking skills aren't great on a good day but I have been managing to pull off three meals a day. Fortunately (again) we stocked up on canned soup months and months ago when it was on sale. We never eat canned soup but it sure comes in handy when people are sick. My latest creation: Arroz Caldo; a chicken and rice soup that hubby particularly craves when he is sick. I simply took a can of cream of chicken soup, added the required can of water (not milk when people are sick), sprinkled on some powdered ginger and ground garlic, added some cooked rice, heated, stirred, and "ta da"...Arroz Caldo...kind of.
- They both play poker everyday so being home-bound has been difficult. Fortunately they can play poker on line, watch it on TV, and discuss poker, ad nauseum, while they are stuck at home. We also picked up a couple dozen movies last week at the library which has worked to keep boredom at bay.
- Other than that, there is not much else to do except sleep, deal with the symptoms (Tylenol for fever, etc), keep hydrated and reasonably fed, and wait until it passes.
Saturday, August 31, 2013
I have spent the last few days at home with the hubby and the BIL who are both sick as dogs. The BIL has been sick for a solid week and the hubby seems to have picked up the virus a few days ago. Fortunately I (crossing fingers) didn't seem to get it although I still get to listen to two boys being sick which we all know is much more dramatic than when women get sick. So I have been the chief cook (laughable) and bottle washer over the past few days. Fortunately both seem to be on the mend which is a good thing. Here's some frugal tips: