- I'm making good strides on my December goal list.
- Hubby's cousins called a few days ago and said they were coming to visit us--with one day's notice--and coming from Manila so we hurried up and got the guest rooms ready, did some shopping so we could cook for them, and now they have been here for a couple of days. They are pretty jetlagged but other than that they are enjoying themselves shopping and checking out the sights of Las Vegas.
- Hubby LOVES Netflix. Our free first month is up and the first day we got it, hubby said "oh we will just do our free month then cancel". Well he loves having so many movies on demand--he watches four or five A DAY--so there is no way we will be cancelling (however the $7.99 we spend per month on Netflix is less than we would pay in gas to go to the library each week to get movies).
- I am all set for walking! I will start my challenge of doing 100 volksmarches in 2014 on January 1st with our first club walk. I got my new daypack, my new walking shoes, and the kids sent me some new trekking poles for Christmas so I am ready to go!
- Shopping is done and the credit cards have been retired. Now to pay them off at the end of the month and do a no spend month in January to get back on (our frugal) track.
- Also the great rate we have on our home internet service (only $27 a month for cable internet as we don't need cable TV since we use and over the air antenna) will expire on January 2nd (it was only good for a year) so I will need to call next week and grovel and see if we can keep that super low price for another year.
- I can't believe this year has gone by so fast!
Saturday, December 21, 2013
10 More Days of 2013 Left
Whew it's been a busy week!