Thursday, January 2, 2014

Back to Writing

One of my daily goals is to write a bit on my book every day (two days and still going! Yeah!).

The one and only book I wrote a couple of years ago is still selling and each month I get a bit of money into my bank account from it which is nice.  I was working on another book last year and kind of left it by the wayside.  Part of the reason for this is that I got discouraged when I read a couple of negative reviews about my current book (here) and part of the reason was probably sheer laziness.

But two things made me hop back on the writing bandwagon.  First, was the idea that if I write even a little every day, the book will eventually get done (as opposed to working on the book for hours then not touching it again for weeks or even months--it will never get done that way!).  And the second, was reading the bad reviews.  Fortunately (thanks to Reddit), I've developed a tough skin, also, I think the comments can be used constructively.

So I have decided to do a second edition of the Washington book.  I will shrink up the spacing between the items (this will make the book more listy and shorter and cheaper to buy) as well as add more information about each item (as one of the reviews suggested).  It is also a good idea to have an editor, or at least a second set of eyes on it to point out things that I missed or things that could be done better, so I will have someone--or a bunch of someones--read the proof edition before I get it published.

Daily Update:

  • Walk: 2 miles (only 996 more to go!)
  • No spend: $0 (Yeah!!)
  • Photo: Yep (done on our walk)
  • Paleo: Completely paleo

No comments:

Post a Comment