When we first moved into our house, our bathroom showers did not have doors. So we ran to Walmart to get a shower curtain bar then we ran to the $1 store to get a plastic shower curtain. Eventually we picked up a $5 colorful shower curtain (the nylon curtain that goes on the outside of the shower) for some added decor.
Eventually we bought and installed shower doors but they looked pretty plain so hubby cut the nylon shower curtain and made a valance for the shower which added a bit of color to the room. A week ago I told him that we should get some sort of curtain for the window in the bathroom (there are blinds but they are plain looking) and while hubby was cleaning in the garage he found the part of the nylon curtain that he had cut off months ago (he tends to keep everything!). So yesterday we bought a curtain rod and hubby got busy with the scissors and hemming tape and made a valance for the window that matches the valance on the shower! Total for the curtain rod, window valance, shower rod, and shower valance...less than $10!
- Walk: 7 miles (I did a volksmarch this morning. 973 miles to go).
- No spend: $0! (We did have a wonderful, expensive lunch at Fogo de Chao but it was a gift from the SIL for Christmas and included tip so we didn't spend anything today. My volksmarch was also free since I bought a sheet of discount walk coupons in December).
- Update this blog: yep
- Update client's blog: yep
- Photo: yep
- Client work: 3 hours (yeah more work!)
- Genealogy: added a few more ancestors from the late 1700s (still need to get to the genealogy library!)
- Writing: another four pages today...I'm starting to get a callous on my Swype finger!