Saturday, January 4, 2014

I Was Going to Tell You About Another Clever Hubby Trick...

Well, I'll tell you anyway...
Yesterday I told hubby I needed a cover for my new tablet, something either very padded or very stiff so it woundn't get squished in my bag.  So with a bit of cardboard and a bit of duct tape (it's a guy thing I guess), he made me this...


Which was perfect.  Until last night when I found that my new tablet wouldn't turn on.  It had a little issue when I first got it--it took forever to charge--so I did a soft reset and that seemed to take care of the problem.  Then last night it wouldn't turn on at all.  I Googled the problem and it came back with 700,000+ results which means A LOT of people have had the same problem.  So I charged it fully then held down the power and volume buttons and it came back to life.  Then it wouldn't shut off!  So I returned it to the store today.  On the positive side, I now have an extra $380.  On the negative side, I don't have a tablet anymore.  Hubby asked if I was going to exchange it but there seems to be quite a few problems with the tablet according to people's online reports.  So I will wait and maybe invest more money for a better product...some time in March after our no spend months.

Daily Update:

  • Walk: 6 miles (we did a nice volksmarch downtown this morning.  988 more miles to go!
  • No spend: fail.  We spent a total of $47.80. $7 valet and tips at a restaurant (meal was free with comps), $30 hubby's annual ABT bowling membership, $10.80 cable to connect sound bar to TV.
  • Update this blog: yep
  • Update client's blog: yep
  • Put photo on Instagram: yep
  • Client work: 1 hour
  • Paleo: not really.  Still no wheat or dairy but rice.  I think I will be doing well with this if I keep wheat and dairy out of my diet for the foreseeable future.
  • Genealogy: reorganized up to generation 5
  • Non fiction book: one section done
  • Fiction book: one tiny section done

3 comments:

  1. April, you might want to pull that photo. Unless that was a previously used box, it's not kosher to use PM boxes for anything other than mailing. There are people who will see that and may get very upset. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It was a box we had received in the mail. I was going to throw it away then hubby said he would make a tablet cover with it. Then the tablet got returned so the cover/box ended up getting thrown away anyway. He was trying to reduce/recycle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay then! Great! There was a blogger once who showed how she organized her shoes with priority mail boxes all stacked up. She took a lot of heat for it.

    ReplyDelete