Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kale Chips

I tend to snack all day when I am home.  In an effort to make my snacking a bit healthier, I have started to make kale chips whenever I remember to buy kale.  The recipe couldn't be easier.

First, pull the kale off of the hard stems, wash it, and dry it (you want it dry because you want it to dehydrate not steam).  Spread it out on a cookie sheet then put it in a 350 degree oven until it looks really dry.



It's incredible how much it shrinks but it ends up really tasty and a bit like potato chips.  Some people sprinkle it with olive oil and salt but I like it just plain.

Daily update:

  • Walk: 2 miles (982 miles to go!)
  • No spend:  Today we stayed home and spent $0
  • Update this blog:  yep
  • Update client's blog:  yep
  • Photo:  yep
  • Client work : 1 hour
  • Genealogy:  lots of form printing today
  • Writing:  decided to condense this as I am losing interest in my book and as long as I do some writing each day I will be ahead of the game.  Today I wrote for only 1/2 hour.


1 comment: