- I have been doing a lot of work for my old client. When I closed my business I though "good bye and good riddance, I will never have to deal with these people (mostly state government folks) again." I am slowly being sucked back into their vortex. On a happy note, the pre-audit package I made up for my client when I was in Washington helped them pass their state review with flying colors.
- I've been baking up a storm. I baked for two of hubby's bowling leagues--chocolate cake for one and cassava cake for the other; the cassava cake was gone in about two minutes flat--and for a party today I baked a chocolate cake and make leche flan. Baking at home is a really cheap way to contribute to social occasions and people seem to love it.
- I am still walking every day. Some days it is only two miles but at least that is something. I am also known as the Cart Lady now as nearly every day I retrieve shopping carts that I find along my walking route and push them back to the stores they belong to. People are starting to notice.
- The weather is still pretty much perfect--85 degrees and sunny--but we have had to turn on the AC a couple of times (I'm not looking forward to our summer electricity bills).
- We've also eaten at home all week instead of eating out which I much prefer (unless it is a kind of food I can't make at home like Indian food). Eating out too much these days makes me nauseous probably a Pavlovian response from all of the buffets we have been going to.
- I have resisted shopping. There was a nice travel laptop (11", very small, very nice) that was $100 off at the Microsoft store but I resisted. I figure there will always be great sales but if I don't start saving money we won't get to travel in the fall. But I really wanted the laptop!
Have a wonderful weekend!