Thursday, May 25, 2023

10 Cool Things

It seems like many of my recent posts have been kind of downers so here are ten wonderful things...

  1. I'm working my way through this list of fabulous websites.
  2. Although I am sadly lacking in artistic skill, these pictures are amazing!
  3. Bored Panda is just a wonderful site full of interesting information.
  4. My boss today: "You are doing an amazing job, can you keep working for us for a while?"  Me: "Of course!"  Boss: "Fantastic!"  Me: "Fantastic!"
  5. The unemployment office is moving at a glacial pace (three and a half years and counting!) on my pandemic unemployment claim, but I got a letter recently and it looks like my appeal for money that they said they overpaid me was successful so that is a good thing.
  6. This guy always has interesting projects.  Breaking free from the industrial food system is something that I wish I could do!
  7. Three things that I avoid in order to be happier: the news, YouTube (so many negative click-baity titles to get views), social media (instead of having algorithms serve me up what they want me to see/read, I would rather search by topics that interest me).
  8. We have a tree full of apricots that are just beginning to turn from light green to orange.  I love fresh apricots!
  9. My friend from India who just moved left me boxes of contents from her kitchen since they will be out of the country for a couple of months so I have been experimenting with currys and chutneys and products I've never seen before.  So far, so interesting!
  10. Memorial Day weekend coming up so I hope you and yours have an enjoyable holiday weekend!

6 comments:

  1. the Prudent Homemaker website has an awesome recipe for apricot/vanilla jam. I made it once and it was delicious. Have a nice holiday weekend.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her site, i will definitely check out that recipe.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to have a boss that appreciates you and says so. Fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, very rare in this world so I appreciate the fact that he appreciates my work. So many bosses are unappreciative no matter how good your work is!

      Delete
  3. As usual, you have interesting sites. I got stuck on #6, Robin Greenfield. I was surprised he was not looking for chicken as a meat he wanted or needed. And, I was surprised he was not looking for pecans. His work is lengthy, so I did not finish all he had. This is a chore for later. I hope he is not one of these people who can live on nothing because they ask others for what they need.
    He is inspiring, but I cannot bike everywhere. I really don't think I could give up bananas because they are not local. Another day, I can read more.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too enjoy reading about unique people and lifestyles!

      Delete