- Social Security Disability is for people who become disabled prior to retirement.
- Supplemental Security Income is another part of the Social Security program which some people may qualify for.
- Children may also receive Social Security benefits if their parent dies or becomes disabled.
- A good overview of Social Security can be found here.
- And did you know that some people do not qualify for Social Security?
- Plus there are a lot of other rules for the program, especially for those with other types of pensions which could impact the amount of Social Security they receive.
- Here are some little known Social Security benefits that people may qualify for.
Monday, September 17, 2018
A Few Things About Social Security
For most Americans, Social Security will be a thing they will be concerned with when they get older. Currently hubby gets his Social Security check each month, but for me, receiving such payments is still a long way off (if the benefit is even still around when I get into my 60s!). Still, it's never too early to understand what Social Security is, what it covers, and if you will even be entitled to it!