Saturday, June 13, 2020

A New Tablet and More Goals


On June 1st, I put together a list of 92 goals I wanted to accomplish this summer and so far I am making pretty good progress on these goals.  At the same time I am knocking things off my list of 1000 things to see and do in Las Vegas which I am also recording on my other blog.  It's going to be a busy summer!

One of my goals this summer was to get a new tablet.  I absolutely LOVE my 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 but it is five years old, it's on its second battery, and it is also getting pretty slow.  Unfortunately Samsung does not make a really good 8" tablet so I decided to get the newest Tab S6 10" version which I picked up today.  Being frugal (as usual), I waited until it was on sale at Best Buy.  The regular price is $649.99 but this week it was on sale for $529.99.  When I was looking at the tablet and getting ready to buy it online (Best Buy stores aren't open in our area yet but you can buy things online then drive by and pick them up), I saw that they had open box tablets on sale for even less.  The same S6 in 'open box excellent' condition was $481 and the 'open box satisfactory' tablet was on sale for $402.  It said the tablet worked fine but had cosmetic damage but as long as it works right I'm good with a few scratches on the back which would be covered with a case anyway.  So I bought the satisfactory tablet, picked it up, and it was missing a charging cord so they gave me a very nice charging cord for free!  I feel like I got a great deal getting $250 off the tablet and hopefully this tablet will last for another five years like the last one!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great deal. I always wait for a sale, too. I'm good with a few scratches. You did well.

    ReplyDelete