It's been pretty quiet around here but I am looking forward to...
- Halloween. Many of our neighbors like to decorate for the holidays (see photo above) and we may do a bit of decorating ourselves this week. It's just hard to get into the fall holiday spirit when it is still high 80s/low 90s here!
- November 8th/the mid-term elections. Mostly because I am so over the political mailers filling my mailbox, political text messages when I didn't even give anyone my cell number, horrible political ads on TV, and even people coming to my door to stump for candidates. And also, 30 seconds of unskippable political ads on my tablet anytime I want to watch a YouTube video. Blech
- Over-the-counter hearing aids. This has just been approved and while hubby gets all of his hearing aids and supplies free through the VA, we have some friends who can't afford the exorbitant price of hearing aids through the current channels. Making hearing aids more affordable is a great idea to improve people's quality of life!
- An upcoming CERT Exercise. I love participating in our county's annual CERT (Community Emergency Response Training) exercise which will be happening in November; it's an interesting and fun way to spend the day!
- With the days getting cooler, I look forward to walking everyday now. Hopefully I will stumble upon some things like these!